The first step to getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.
The more you hide your feelings, the more they show. The more you deny your feelings the more they grow.
When we can no longer change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Healing doesn't mean the damage never existed. It means that the damage no longer controls our lives.
Counselling is a dialogue between us. Together, we develop an understanding of your concerns and the issues that are stopping you live the way you want to live. Using various pathways, strategies and techniques, I help you get to where you want to be. With 30 years experience as a psychologist, including over 20 in private practice, and extensive training, I help people become the more comfortable with themselves and others.
To get in contact, or to make an appointment call Jenny Hartman
on 0412 597 697.
It might be a few sessions working on techniques and strategies to change specific symptoms; or a little longer to change thinking patterns and belief systems or working at a deeper level to shift the way past experiences are driving current behaviours and emotions.
Psychology has been my profession, passion and vocation for 30 years. My training has encompassed cognitive behavioural therapy, narrative therapy, mindfulness, family therapy and attachment theory, as well as EMDR. I use these in various combinations to suit each person or couple.
Counselling can help when you:
- Recognise that your efforts to change destructive or addictive behaviours have not led to the results you wanted.
- No longer feel connected with or are not able to communicate with your partner.
- Are plagued by unwanted thoughts and feelings.
- Find yourself repeating unwanted patterns or feel dissatisfied with yourself.
- Feel “stuck” or have lost direction at work or in life generally.
- Are focusing on past negative thoughts and experiences.
- Feel bored and joyless; as if you are in a rut.
- Simply want a better life and better relationships.